Saturday, March 20, 2010

The hearings are over. Now we wait.

Both hearings are over, thank God. What a way to waste about 8 hours of my life. I'd like to thank everyone who joined me in my efforts against this. There was some great testimony (not including the lies from the Attorney General and his staff).  Word from the Senate doesn't look good for the passage of their version of the bill. And my contact on the House committee said that not only will they have plenty to discuss in sub-committee in the next few weeks, but if the Senate shelves it, so will they.


Cross your fingers. If you haven't done so already, keep the e-mails and phone calls coming. This isn't over yet.

If the AG's figures are to be believed, boaters on the Chesapeake with Type I devices contribute .003% of the nutrient load to the Chesapeake Bay.  A quote directly from the AG (Gansler):  "This bill is our top priority".  Really?  Couldn't you be doing something a little more productive with your time?  I guess not considering you couldn't do anything about the 30 million gallons Baltimore County dumped into the Patapsco River just last weekend.  This lame bill is a pathetic attempt by Gansler and Fitzsimmons to attack an innocent group of people because they lack the ability to go after the real problems.  As Representative O'Donnell stated:  Government has a hard time shining the spotlight on itself.

(note: I am paraphrasing Gansler's words as I didn't write them down when he said them.  But that's the general statement he made.)

No comments:

Post a Comment